10 Fresh Ideas For Writing Your Next Academic Essay
Sometimes you have the hardest time coming up with a topic for you school paper. You are sitting there with the biggest writers block and wasting so much time. The best way to get rid of your writer’s block and get those ideas flowing again is to hear some suggestions. Now you could just take the easy route and pick one of these topics. It is probably better to use this list to brainstorm your own ideas.
When choosing a topic, make sure that you choose one that interests you. You won’t get the same results from an essay about a topic that bores you than you will with one that excites you. Also choose one that you can develop at least three solid reasons to support your main idea. This will ensure that you can write an effective essay.
- If you became the President of the United States, what would be some of the changes that you would make?
- What is your favorite movie of all time and why?
- Is there something that you are really proud of that you have accomplished in your lifetime?
- Do you think that welfare programs help or hinder society?
- Has the new health care reform been effective?
- Is experience or education more important to an employer today?
- What changes lie ahead for our society when our children are so computer savvy?
- Why are celebrities held with such high esteem?
- Do professional athletes get paid too much?
- Are health care prices too high?
Now that you have your topic all set, you can think about the answer to the essay question which will become your thesis statement. Come up with at least three solid reasons why which you will explain in the body of your paper.
You now will have all of the information that you need to create your outline. Use full sentences in your outline and add transitional phrases to save time later. The only thing that’s left to do is write your essay.
Make sure to read through all of the instructions before writing so that you don’t miss anything important. It will likely tell you what format to use, the length, and other important information. You want to make sure that you don’t lose points for stupid mistakes like a missed heading.